The Oxford & Cambridge Summer School offers an exciting academic summer programme, giving 15-18 year olds the opportunity to experience what it is like to study at a top university.
Our programme, which you can read more about here, has been carefully designed to create well-rounded students who are well prepared for university. We offer a taste of university life at Oxford from academics, to social activities, and even to real Oxford University accommodation.
Our courses allow you to explore your subject in great depth beyond what you will be doing at high school, and our supplementary seminars and workshops help to develop your academic ability and skill-set. You will take part in a range of academic and extracurricular activities, and leave with the confidence and experience to make an informed and competitive university application.
Join us next July or August to sample life at a top university! This year we will be running three different sessions: Sunday 3rd July – Saturday 16th July, Sunday 17th July – Saturday 30th July and Sunday 31st July – Saturday 13th August. You can apply now. We will be getting in touch with applicants later in 2015.
-Study one of our 10 fascinating academic courses at a level beyond what you have studied at school, and sample the rigour of an undergraduate degree.
- Attend daily small group tutorials and one-on-one classes in our system inspired by Oxford and Cambridge teaching styles, delivered by tutors who understand them from first-hand experience.
- Unlike other summer schools, absolutely 100% of our tutors are graduates and postgraduates of Oxford and Cambridge University, currently studying at the top of their fields.
- Our academic course is inspired by the unique Oxford and Cambridge ‘tutorial system’- small classes of up to 5 students, including two 1-on-1 classes. This offers a rare taste of the style of study in Oxford and Cambridge, delivered by people who themselves are taught this way regularly.
- Our students all live in real Oxford student accommodation (all single rooms, en-suite), where Oxford students live during the year.
- Every year we invite students from all over the world, reflecting the true international experience of university study and encouraging students to meet new people and experience new cultures.
- Increasingly, experience of a summer school is seen as a valuable asset to university applications, and our programme is as rigorous and prestigious as it gets.
- Build skills invaluable to future university and job applications, such as lateral thinking and creative writing at our Workshops and Seminars
- Our former students have gone on to study at places like Stanford, Dartmouth, Georgetown, Cambridge, St. Andrew’s and Bristol.